View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #955
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
I did a little reading on some dyno testing on the LF3. It seems to confirm exactly what I figured GM was doing with this engine, and what it is capable of:

Quote:
In dissecting the ECU programming, there are specific torque target tables, and the ECU is empowered to do many things to get to those levels, including throttle reduction, boost reduction and timing reduction. We saw the throttle drop close to 50% right after spoolup in some cases which is where the little drop off in torque comes from. But later runs showed less torque here as the ECU learned and was more predictive. This would be less prevalent on the road because the load on the dyno is somewhat higher especially at low rpms, causing the boost response to be more aggressive. The ECU is arguably the most complex spark ignition ECU that GM has ever used. Not only do we have target torque tables, but the torque models includes things like turbocharger compressor efficiency, predicted turbocharger turbine speeds, and many other variables. I can't wait to start tuning them as based upon the way ECU is limiting the output in stock form, this engine will easily pump out 500+ lbs-ft of torque and 460-480 hp with minimal mods/tuning and should come close to matching the old CTS-V acceleration wise when doing so (I own a 2010 CTS-V 6MT myself). And as JK said, what does this tell us about the next CTS-V? Can't wait.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote