View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
kaos_ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Don't trust my Service Department

I live in an area that only has one Chevrolet dealership and I've had some horrible experiences with the service department. Recently, my ZL1 started making a "humming" noise which seemed like it is coming from the rear end. I saw other posts on the forum about a bulletin that describes a similar sound and suggest changing the rear end oil. So this morning (8am)I dropped off the car at the dealership, explained the problem, and showed them a copy of the bulletin.

I didn't hear anything all day so at 5, I called and was told that I mechanic drove the car and he determined that the noise wasn't normal. But he wasn't sure what the problem was so that they were waiting for another technician to drive the car. At 5:45 I get a call back and was told that the second mechanic thinks the sound is coming from the differential so that they want to "drop the rear end" to see what is causing the noise. But because it is a few days from Thanksgiving that they would like me to go pick up the car and take it back next Monday... because if they started working on it tomorrow it wouldn't be done before the holidays. They said they wouldn't want me without a car for an entire week.

So I don't understand why an entire day was spent just to confirm the "hum." And why don't they start with the oil change to see if that solves the issue rather than take the entire thing apart. And not to be an ass but I don't even trust them taking it apart! It gets so frustrating. I know problems can exist even if the car is new but damn it sucks!

Any suggestions?? Or comments!??

“If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.”
kaos_ss is offline   Reply With Quote