View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #9
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Almost 600 miles and no settling of the setup, like that. Been doing alot of around town setting changes. All low speed 20-50 mph around town and bumpy road settings as thats my ride all week. I have done 2.5 pages of setting trys and recorded what the results were. At this point front are at 9/9 and rear at 6/6 with all in my sig, tires at 34 cold and 37-38 hot.Ride is comfortable, soft over bumps, but controlled and solid, not like drop springs!
Car handles good, not as well as firmer settings but ride around town is to harsh over the bumps and ripples, it still has low speed "jiggles" but this setting combo works best so far. Big tires, maybe the craddle and rear arm bushings and 450-500 lb springs I'm sure accounts for the rest.
On the freeway dips and irregularities are soaked up and controlled, especially the sudden drops in pavement sections where you bounce back up after hitting them, to stiff and the shocks over control and the movement is to fast and "voilent" or quick to react.All inwhat you like though which is neat about these coilovers.
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes /Magnaflow resonated X Pipe/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote