View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
i'm interested in knowing as well. I don't usually look at the tach when I launch, but ever since I went to 18' Mickeys, I've had trouble launching. It feels like it falls on its face. I'll have to start looking at my rpm's and figure out what works best. BTW, I run my Mickeys at 20 psi. No spinning problems yet cuz I don't know how to launch on them yet.
You should consider getting a Raptor Shift Light. It will let you set the RPM you want to leave at as well as an RPM variance. It uses the light to let you know where you're at. So, say I set it at 3K RPM with a 200 RPM variance the light will start coming on solid at 2.8K and then start blinking at 3.2k. Go under 2.8K and the light goes away. That will you know about what RPM you're leaving at.

Once you leave the light becomes a shift light.

They are a pretty easy install and I bought a cheap iPhone stand, cut it to make a small "L" shape that I put in the side of my dash. I then have some Velcro on that piece to hold the shift light. Nothing is permenately attached.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote