View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #7720
mylftft

Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Ok, off topic... But....

Sean from ERL stopped by the shop, and he and Corey have spec'ed my new motor...

ERL only builds a couple of these each year... But it'll be a beast...

42X cubic inches...Nodular iron cylinders like I currently have, Six bolt, custom crank, shorter stroke (3.950 if I remember correctly, bigger journals... custom offset X beam rods, custom pistons... Partially filled block... For rigidity... Shouldn't have cooling problems... But we'll deal with that if it occurs...

There are two choices of heads... MAST and All Pro... Corey and I are pretty sure we are going All Pro... With Jezel valve train components... and a custom spec cam to fit our needs... 8000 rpm's...

We will run the March Mile with my current motor unless someone steps up and has to have it... Then I'll shoot for October... Maybe drive in March for another shop....That'll be fun if it happens... 1100-1200 AWHP GTR... Yeah baby....

There is also the Michigan, Ohio and Mojave Miles later in the summer... Head West and hang with Josh, or head North and Hang with Kyle... Both great times...
I'm not 2nd guessing you at all, I just want to pick your brain. I know your making really big power right now with your ERL motor. Why not just go with an LSX block this time? I'm guessing the LSX is a lot less money, maybe I'm wrong. I know both blocks are pretty much bomb proof, I know with the ERL you get to keep an aluminum block & save a few pounds. How much weight do you really save though? I'm curious ahout the weight difference after they add their iron sleeves, superdeck system, the gussets & all the welding they do. Obviously they make an awesome product, you & other people I've read about are making stupid power with their motors. I hope I didn't come off as 2nd guessing your plan, I know you guys know what your doing, like I said I'm just curious about those questions.