View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 01:03 AM   #25
sykotik

Drives: nothing
Just thought I'd throw a little information out there on the latest from Road and Track: http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6814

The comments for that article is where I found this site and BOY am I glad I did. I love Camaro's, always have, always will. Never had the ability or pleasure to own a brand new one, and when they killed them off, I thought I never would. Thankfully, in the years since, I've pushed myself in my career, am now a network engineer, and have been saving in anticipation of the new Camaro.

I'm not going to buy the SS though (that's the "base" V8 that will come out first) No no, I'm waiting for the Z/28... supercharged, rumored to be around 450-500HP. Yeah... I'm waiting for that... yeah...

Great site guys! Going to grab another beer and DEVOUR all content on this site RIGHT NOW.

Info from article:

"Slated to bow in the first quarter of 2009 as an early 2010 model, it's expected that the Camaro will be offered in three trim levels — LS, LT and SS. The base LS may be powered by Chevy's 3.5-liter pushrod V-6 making about 220 bhp. The LT models would use the overhead-cam direct-injected 3.6-liter V-6 developing upward of 300 bhp, while the SS will be powered by a 6.2-liter LS3 V-8 (similar to that found in the Corvette) tuned to produce around 400–405 bhp. A year after launch, Chevy will introduce a convertible version and after that a high-performance Z28 model with a super-charged 6.2-liter sibling to the Corvette ZR1's LS9 motor known as the LSA. That engine would make somewhere in the neighborhood of 480–500 bhp and is similar to the engine used in the upcoming Cadillac CTS-V."

Last edited by sykotik; 05-30-2008 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Added a lil info so you didn't have to hop over to the site.
sykotik is offline   Reply With Quote