View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #39
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
Some 5th gen owners might confuse someone's disapproval of their arrogance for hating on their car. Some people appear to have just gotten into cars and motorsports when the 5th gen came out and they come off as knowing everything there is to know about all cars and motorsports.

For instance, there is a local Camaro club that has been going on for a few years here in the middle TN region. It started off exclusively as a 5th gen club. However, they happened to let me and a couple other 4th gens into a drag strip track day. In said event I went up against a 5th SS gen vert with an automatic in a bracket race. I beat this car. No big deal.

The next year they put on the event but it was 5th gen only. Needless to say I did not go.

Fast forward about a year later. I decide to be nosey and go to this club meeting since they invited me via email and lifted the 5th gen only restriction. Ok, somehow I ended up sitting next this guy who remembered that smack down I delivered a few years ago lol. It was hilarious. He said well the other driver was inexperienced(giving me excuses that were unwarranted)lol. He somehow threw in how underpowered the 4th gens were(talking to a guy with a fairly modded 4th gen). But again this comment was unwarranted. lol He tried several times to either give me an excuse to why I beat a 5th gen and that my car was rated at 325hp lol. That whole experience was entertaining... I never once talked down to him about him or anyone else.

Next, outside there was this senior who had a 5th gen v6 and she's DAMN proud of it let me tell you. lol So I ask her what all she has done to her car since I remember her talking about headers and since I know she is into racing. I told her that I was excited that I had just finished building my suspension. She hits me with, "My suspension is built by Pedders." I say, "Word?" lol I asked her what all she had done. She was like bushings. I look at her kind of lost. She said, "If you really want your car to handle take it to Pedders." I was respectful and did not laugh. I asked her what kind of shocks did she go with. She said, "I'm just into performance." And then she looks me dead in the eyes and says in reference to shocks, "It's a V6!" I was scared and confused. lol I told her that any car can benefit from better shocks no matter the engine. Then I tip-toed out of there.

Only one person was friendly and that was the club pres. He was the only real car guy in the club. I had a brief conversation and he knew what he was talking about. The others were not too friendly and... not right. Some of them were ok.

7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote