View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 10:44 PM   #35
Btrbimmer

Drives: 2SS 1LE Silver w/Recaro NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Thanks guys!!!

Colt, those tires stock size on those black 20's?

Claw, looks awesome.

RJames, also too.

Looks like 1.0 front and back can't go wrong but I'd still like a little lower in back.
I agree that 1" drop F & R will not level out the car. I am considering the 1" drop up front and the 1.4" BMR springs for my 1LE, but I'm concerned about ride quality since its mostly a street car. I've also considered Eibach progressive springs (claimed 1" drop f & r), hoping the ride quality would be better than linear springs. All the linear springs seem to be 210-230 LBS/inch vs 165 LBS/inch for stock.
It seems like the progressive would ride closer to stock, yet not likely to bottom out either.

I'd like to hear more regarding folks that have installed any of these springs specifically about ride quality. OEM springs are often set higher for many reasons such as crash worthiness, headlight height, liability for damage from clearance issues, etc...

The BMR springs are claimed to be "dual rate springs with a linear working rate", but I'm still trying to determine how thats different than a progressive rate spring.

Btrbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote