View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 11:51 AM   #7920
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
When I was trailer searching online in California I knew I was gonna buy one in Texas, the same trailers are about $1,000 cheaper out there. I found our trailers online & they were exactly what I wanted. The Texas Trailer Man website makes it look like they have a ton of them in different colors on the lot, I assumed they'd have what I wanted there. When I got to his lot he had 2 with boxes & one was the exact one I wanted & it matched my truck perfectly. I was bummed when he said they had just arrived & the ones with boxes were 5 week built to order only. I got lucky that he had the extra long deck model without a box, I had to buy that weekend to get my car home from Andy's so I took it knowing I'd just build a box. The only real downside to it is that its black, wasn't the color of my truck but black matches anything, looks good when its washed but holy crap does that thing get hot to the touch.
Yeah, I searched long and hard and finally ordered while I was in Brazil... got to pick the colors and all... The deck needs to be repainted... and check the tires... if they are chopped or cupped at all, have the bearings checked... We replaced three of the four sets of bearings and my right rear trailer tire was replaced twice before we determined what the deal was... They were never properly adjusted at the factory.... oh well...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote