View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:22 AM   #31
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx002 View Post
I've no issue with them having an opinion....that wasn't the point. The point was why post thousands of times to a site, just to say I'm not buying it because the gas cap is on the wrong side just before the car comes out? What is the point? Why on earth waste all that time for something you seriously had no intention of doing? Why look for things to freak out over? Why is it that we have unreasonable expectations? Why do we expect perfection? Name a car that is perfect? If you want to find a reason not to purchase, you can find one with any car. That isn't the point of a Camaro fan site, or any fan site is it?
Well I think to soul of a car, the things that make you love a car are not the general shape or the engine.

Too many cars were awesome as concepts and just awful as productino even if it looked like the concept ...

I mean, some details make you fall in love, just like with a woman I guess. Some detials make you love what you see: the shape of a nose, the color of eyes, a smile ...
Ask a doctor to re shape her nose, you may find her absolutely ugly ... even if the change is minor.

So I understand, the time I saw the pre prod model, I thought it was plain ugly. I 've become more used too and focus on things I like and hope for changes (I hope the V8 supercharged will have some features such as gas cap on the top, new grille, new ways to open the doors, spoiler, etc etc).

If these don't happen, maybe I won't buy it, maybe I will. It will be a general impression based on details. For ex, if the car keeps these headlights, I will definitely not buy it (i hate after market parts).