View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #18
PolishMike

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
All the more reason for this question, If GM installs the Mods on your car, GM Performance exhaust, and GM shorty headers, options from the factory albeit not available it should be like anything else on the car, Warrantied, Right?
Read the post above. If it is an option from the factory and is on your invoice then your probably good, HOWEVER, I would not get anything installed without something in writing from a REGIONAL manager stating that your warranty will not be affected (for anything after taking delivery)

I had this problem with a short shifter on my STi. They did not have any in stock at the time of delivery so I took the car how it was and brought it back a week later for the shifter install. Fast forward a year and 300 miles south. The lockout cable (prevents it from going into reverse without lifting the paddle on the shifter) broke. I went to a different dealer and they would not fix it. Eventually got with the regional rep and he said that because it wasnt on the invoice and done before pickup it would not be covered. I argued with them for a month and after getting Subaru of America (corporate) involved the dealer called me offering to pay for half of the repair. At that point I didnt have time to fight it anymore and had to get it done.
IOM w/ White Stripes 2SS RS M6 #17772
Now - Stainless Works 2" Headers, Intake, Cam, tune, ect
And shepherds we shall be, For thee my lord for thee. Power has descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.In nomine Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Sancti