Thread: Lobbying in DC
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
So did you make a giant campaign contribution to anyone to sway them to your side?

Looks like a great experience to have been able to participate in the process.

Very cool.
According to ethics rules you are actually not allowed to bring that up to them during meetings. It was an amazing experience and I am very thankful the opportunity was given to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Wish I had known you were in town,
Myself and a few other C5ers would have loved to have met you in person and bought you a brew.
I usually try to link up with the local Camaro community when I am traveling but this trip the schedule was packed wall-to-wall. There is a good chance I will be making more trips in the future so I will make sure to book a couple extra days in there. I did find The Dubliner Pub down the block from my hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
My god we've got a celebrity amongst us.

That's all pretty cool to get to see so much of what goes on up there. I've been attempting to plan a family wide trip up there. But very difficult now that everyone has kids. Been there a couple of times, not deep in the belly of the beast like you, but it's been so long I'd like to grab an adult view of everything now.
It was definitely a much closer look than the typical tourist gets but at the same time I did miss out on all the typical tourist stuff. Besides just driving by many of the sites I didn't get to see much except the inside of offices and conference rooms. That kind of sucked because it was my first time in DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
im sure it was overwhelming to be in the den of thieves..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
As long as he had his hand on his wallet and he wasn't wearing any rings or a nice watch, he was OK among them.
I left the valuables at home. You have to take all that stuff off every time you go through security.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote