View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
Whipple81

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Replacing Hard Line - Brake Diagram?

Hey all, just looking to see if anyone has a schematic for the brake system - I assume it's roughly the same for the entire model range (hard line routing, etc) but in case it matters, it's a 2014 2SS/RS 1LE.

Does the hard line go all the way to the master cylinder in a single, continuous piece? Or is there a junction somewhere mid-body? Obviously I'm crossing my fingers that it's not a continuous line...

A few weeks back I put er into a curb and the wheel hit the inside of the wheel well, pinching off the hard brake line. I did a temporary fix and fabbed up a short piece of brake line mimicking the stock piece and used a coupling to attach it to the stock line. Couple reasons I want to replace it - the stock line is coated, and...well...I hate anything that's jimmy rigged.

I want to get an idea of what I'm gonna find under there BEFORE I start in on it, so I can minimize time that my wife's car spends in the driveway while I work on the Maro, and if I know how much of a PITA it's going to be before I start, I can avoid a lot of frustration.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Whipple81 is offline   Reply With Quote