View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #210
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
In order to fit the plumbing for the huge intercooler, the lower grille of the ZL1 Fascia had to be trimmed.

After this, the vortech portion of the instalation was completed.

Now that the supercharger was in, it was time to get the car up on the lift.

The fuel tank was dropped and a new ZL1 fuel pump was swapped in.

Following this, it was time for new exhaust. I relly liked my old Corsa sport catback, so I decided to stick with what I knew worked. We upgraded to the Corsa ZL1 3" catback to increase flow/power. To allow the dual tips to fit, I installed a 1LE rear diffuser. The sound is even better than my previous corsa catback! In order to keep the catback 3" front to back, we removed the old kooks high flow cats, and WyoSpeed fabricated some excellent 3" connection pipes with a bung on the passenger side for the wideband sensor.

To get all that power down without breaking stuff, a Driveshaft Shop 3.5'' Aluminum 1-Piece Driveshaft was installed along with Driveshaft Shop 1400 hp Axles. Both of these were sourced from Matt @ FSP who gave me a fantastic deal on them. For peace of mind, I also went with a Metco Driveshaft Safety Loop With Extension Bracket to fit over the new driveshaft.

And last but not least, dual Aeroforce Interceptor digital guages. Also went with a Switch Link kit which allows me to use my cruise control cancel button as my line lock button simply by flipping a switch.

Other mods that weren't pictured or mentioned include a Mantic 9000 Clutch, ZR1 3-Bar Map Sensor, Bosch wideband sensor kit, Autometer A-pillar Dual Gauge Pod, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Tick Performance Stainless Clutch Line, Tick Performance Clutch Speed Bleeder, ADM FPMC.