Originally Posted by Moose
Unfortunately I'm not one of the "disciples", but I've had the opportunity to sit in both the current Mustang, as well as the Concept on one occassion.
My personal observations are the following;
- The styling of the Camaro is far superior in looks versus the Mustang.
- Headroom is not an issue in the Camaro. I'm 5'10" and fit just fine with headroom to spare.
- The seating position in the Camaro was preferable to that of the Mustang.
- Its been said previously, but the styling of the Mustang is starting to look "dated" versus that of the Camaro.
- The Concept is wide, (similar to the Tahoe) and while I haven't seen the production version yet, it will be narrower.
If you're looking for a car to "hold you over", I would suggest saving some money by looking for a decent 4th Gen. Camaro. It'll provide the performance you're looking for, and I've seen a couple reasonable one's near home for sale. Plus, you're not "going to the dark side
Hope that was of some help.
Okay, good points, here are my retorts to those.
-No argument there, but I think the Mustangs interior is above average.
-Good to know especially since the seating is supposed to be a bit lower even in production.
-Not exactly sure what you mean with seating position, but good to hear since I thought the seating position in the Bullitt Mustang was superb.
-As for the Mustang being dated, not the best person to talk about with that, I love retro stuff, lol.
-I like wide
And actually...I'm going to Camaro hell for saying this, but I prefer the current Mustangs looks to the 4th gens looks. The 4th gen is my least favorite generation in appearance and while I'm not apposed to buying one, I'd much prefer a current Mustang. Am I'm not going to the dark side, here it's three camps, European cars, Asian cars or American cars and I'll gladly pick the latter out of those. And no I'm no fan of Ford, but the Mustang I like. Also there's the element of my dad. My dad loves the current Mustang and if i bought one to hold myself over to the Camaro I'd consider selling it to him after I was done with it.
In any case I would never do anything without test driving both the Mustang and a 4th gen. And also win the lottery at the moment, lol. This thread is mostly meant as a discussion so thanks a lot for your thoughts