Thread: Heater core
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #24
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
So the car has now been at the dealer 16 days. They finally got the windshield out, and have started removing the dash. Until they absolutley diagnose the problem as a 3rd heater core failure, I cant do anything. The service manager and dealer have been great and helpful. They are trying to be neutral as this whole thing is up to GM. Lets just say the people I have talked to so far just have the job or mission to keep telling me "NO" so I will go away. They don't even know what a heater core or will tell me why they say my car doesn't qualify for as a lemon.Under California Lemon law, a 3rd repair under warranty, especially if the car has been in the dealer for more than 30 days, for a serious or dangerous condition (not the radio working etc, I think boiling coolant coming out onto your feet is dangerous) qualifies. Also there is a bulletin out on this condition, PIC 5457A, which also qualifies it. So, after the 3rd failure is documented, I will contact GM again to see how they want to handle it. William I would appreciate any help you can give me. I will get the case number and message it to you once the 3rd failure is diagnosed. I miss my Camaro, but I can't keep going thru this. The smell of coolant coming thru the vents makes us sick, and just the other day I met another 2010 Camaro owner who had his heater core replaced too. Realistically, this is a part that should last the life of the car with good maintenance. William please PM me and I will give you all the repairs records. Thanks