View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #200
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Speak for yourself. My 1LE is my daily commuter. My commute is approximately 22 miles each way. I commute with my wife in the car, we work only about 2 miles away from each other. I'm getting 18mpg in mixed driving. The low-end of the LS3 allows me to upshift at 2K RPM in every gear - which is generally how I drive when my wife is in the car. The vehicle is still plenty quick enough at these RPMS for on-ramps, merges, and passing. I've taken 3 road trips with the car since April, the first was on the second day of ownership when I drove 700 miles home - I was doing high-load pulls for much of that trip, so that's not a good indication of mileage. But on the other two trips (1 to Boston, 1 to Hershey PA), I got 24 and 25mpg respectively.

My wife's 2007 Subaru Tribeca gets 17mpg in mixed driving on the same commuting route, and gets 23mpg on the highway. My 2009 V6 Accord (which used to be my DD) got 18mpg city and 25mpg highway. In other words, my 1LE is as fuel efficient at my Honda and more fuel efficient than my wife's Subaru. Clearly the manual transmission helps with that, as neither of the other cars allowed me to keep RPMs that low ... but their smaller displacement wouldn't have allowed me to keep them that low even if the transmissions did.
I second that. For a 426 hp 6.2L V8 in a car that's 4000 lbs or more with me in inside it is crazy fuel efficient even when compared to lighter lower horsepower cars and one of the main reasons is because it's a pushrod motor.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote