Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
CARB # EO # D488-15 for the 2010 V8 Chevrolet Camaro
This supercharger is being utilized by several tuner companies like Hennessey, Lingenfelter, and SLP, to name a few. I'll be combining information from these companies, that use this
SC, in this group to simplify.
The Magnuson Model MP2300 6th Generation is a “State of the Art” supercharger. It was designed as a compact, flexible supercharger for increased power with original equipment quietness and reliability without adversely affecting fuel economy. The MP2300 6th Generation has proven itself in a number of original equipment and aftermarket applications on a variety of engine sizes. This version has taken this versatility to the next level with new 4-lobe, high helix rotor design and a built in bypass for unparalleled performance.
Most installations see a realistic 40% plus increase in power output.
Magnuson Superchargers will work effectively in any orientation (flat, upside down, on edge).
Different length drives are available, giving the custom installer flexibility in the placement of the supercharger.
Magnuson 6th generation superchargers have internal bypass valves. The bypass actuator can be located in any of 8 possible locations (4 on each side of the supercharger).
Shown with generic one-piece drive. Two-piece and different one-piece drives are available, as are pulleys with variable offset giving a wide range of possible drive lengths.
Two-piece extension drives available in 1" increments. Drive pulley offset design offers further options.
"vsgls1"- LS3 TVS2300 ARH LTs w/cats' LMR CAI 535.9/517.6
"rpepka" - L99 TVS2300 Yank 2800 TC Valve Springs Blower Cam
Lingenfelter (LPE) 570 package:
"Speedy74SS" - LS3 518/503 RWHP/RWTQ
- TVS2300 intercooled supercharger system
- Black powder coated finish
- Based on OEM Eaton supercharger unit
- Properly sized fuel injectors
- Fuel system upgrades
- 160 Degree thermostat
- Boost bypass controller
- Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump fuel pump voltage booster
- Lingenfelter High Flow Air Intake
- Professional installation, testing and calibration
- Chassis dyno report before & after installation
- Excellent drivability, highway mileage not adversely affected
- Lingenfelter 3 year/ 36,000 mile warranty
- Lingenfelter chrome fender badges
- Lingenfelter certificate of authenticity
Hennessey (HPE) 650 package:
LS3 592 RWHP
- Black Magnuson Supercharger System (Chrome Optional)
- High-Flow Cylinder Heads (Core Exchange)
- HPE650 Custom Spec Camshaft
- HPE Cold Air Inducction
- 1-7/8 inch Long Tube Stainless Steel Headers
- High Flow Catalytic Converters
- Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust
- Upgraded Fuel Injectors
- HPE Engine Management Calibration
- Professional Installation
- Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
- Hennessey & HPE650 Exterior Badges
- Limited Edition Dash Plaque & Engine Plaque w/ Serial Number
- Hennessey Premium Floormats
- 1 Year / 12,000 Mile Limited Warranty
East Texas Muscle Cars
323HP (approx. baseline) L99 497/512 RWHP/RWTQ
TVS2300; ARH LTs w/cats; Magnaflow CB; ETMC TUNE
SLP TVS2300 LS3
530 RWHP thread:
L99 538/516 RWHP/RWTQ @ ~ 9psi
THE BIGGEST, MOST EFFICIENT , MOST POWERFUL POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM
Since 1988, Whipple Superchargers have been the pioneers and leaders of twin-screw supercharging. Whipple was the first to bring positive displacement technology to fuel injected, emissions legal GM applications. With over 21 years of GM twin-screw supercharging experience, Whipple’s team have now engineered the most powerful intercooled twin-screw SC system available today for your Chevrolet Camaro. With all the latest technology, the all new Whipple system makes more power (up to 220hp over stock) than any other positive displacement supercharger system on the market giving you tire frying, neck whipping power that will give you a grin from ear to ear. The new Whipple system is 100% complete and is designed for stock engines but has enough capability to work with heavily modified engines.
The all-new system features Whipple’s massive oversized air-to-water intercooler for unmatched cooling capacity, front feed W175ax (a whopping 2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that reaches 99% volumetric efficiency and industry leading power potential. The unique intercooled bypass system offers better acceleration and less than 1hp of consumption during cruising for excellent fuel economy. The system also includes high-flow fuel injectors, aluminum high flow intake manifold and a Whipple Power Flash Programmer for the factory ECU recalibration. While others claim, Whipple Superchargers simply deliver more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger on the market today.
WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
- Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outflows competitions 2.3L roots-type and 2.8L twin-screw
- Integrated casting to minimize bolt on pieces, adapters, leaks and flow restrictions
- Integrated Crusher™ inlet for maximum airflow capacity
- Integrated design allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores
- Optional 4.5 liter supercharger for race applications
- Optional liquid cooled supercharger for low oil temps in racing environments
- Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available
- Oversized front air inlet system for stock or oversized throttle bodies
- Zero turn inlet allows for decreased induction losses of rear inlet systems
- Up to 70% horsepower increase (up to 220hp more than stock) on 100% stock applications
- Up to 60% torque increase throughout entire RPM range (up to 180trq more than stock) on 100% stock applications
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
- alignMore boost at the “hit” than any other twin-screw
- alignFlat torque curve for incredible acceleration
- Whipple Superchargers oversized intercooled air-bypass system
- Self-contained lubrication system
- High flow air filter system (50-state legal filter system)
- High flow fuel injectors
- Fits under factory hood with no modifications
- No internal modifications required
- Completed installation looks factory installed
- Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
- Tuner kits available
- Available in wrinkle black, polish or any custom color
- 1 year warranty
- All prices subject to change without notice
2010 6.2L WHIPPLE CHARGED CAMARO DYNO RESULTS
VEHICLE: 2010 6.2L L99/Auto
Boost PSI: 9.0psi
Average AF: 11.8:1
RPM Limit: Stock
Fuel: 91 octane (Chevron)
Temperature: 80.65° F
Barometric PSI: 29.91 In-Hg
NUMBERS ARE REAR WHEEL STD POWER MEASURED ON A DYNO JET CHASSIS DYNO. DYNO RESULTS WILL VARY WITH DYNO’S, APPLICATIONS AND ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS
TO CONVERT RWHP TO ENGINE HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE
(RWHP/.80) = ENGINE HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE
EXAMPLE: (538/.80) = 672 HORSEPOWER
LS3 573/540 RWHP/RWTQ
@ ~ 7.5 PSI (canned tune w/DT Shorties & CB and upgraded filter - not OEM air box)
STANDARD KIT FEATURES
- 50 State Legal Pending.
- Whisper quiet. No gear growl or clatter.
- Flash Programmer (Kenne Bell calibrated).
- Oil dipstick. No sight glass to discolor or stain.
- 20+ years experience in Twin Screw supercharging.
- INSTANT BOOST. Optimum acceleration at any RPM.
- Integral Intercooler (no exposed pipes, hoses and fittings).
- Proven 6 rib belt system to 15 psi. Optional 8 rib for 8-24 psi.
- Bypass valve air is AFTER intercooler (cooler and denser air).
- Big efficient Kenne Bell “Dual Pass” intercooler and heat exchanger.
- The industry’s most complete and best illustrated Installation Instructions.
- Twin Screw supercharger. Lower power consumption and cooler air charge temps.
- Easy to upgrade supercharger and throttle body for higher HP (Kenne Bell 110/115mm).
- “Exposed” supercharger runs cooler. Not buried under manifolds, intercooler and covers.
- + 174HP and 133 FT LBS TORQUE.
- Highest HP potential (up to 1400HP).
- Largest displacement (2.8L, 3.6L, 4.2L).
- Hard black anodized or polished bulletproof billet.
- Tuner Kits, Off Road Kits and Street Rod Kits also available.
- Up to 100HP lower parasitic losses = more engine HP at same boost.
- Most powerful (647-1000HP), efficient and technically advanced kits.
- Fits under stock hood (2.8). 3.6/4.2 require slight modification to webbing.
- Mammoth™ 4.5”x4’ long “Ram Air Pipe” to maximize air flow and ram effect.
- Liquid Cooled (Patent Pending). Cooler air charge. up to 220° cooler oil temps.
- 4.5” MAF meter built into Ram Air Pipe. No more restrictive, small factory MAFs.
- Seal Pressure Equalizer (Patent Pending) reduces seal friction, wear and HP drag.
- Billet 2.8L, 3.6L, 4.2L Twin Screw vs. others 2.3L Roots style rotors and cast case.
- More low and mid range boost/HP than centrifugals with unsurpassed high RPM HP.
- Chassis dyno tested with the hood CLOSED - the way it’s driven - not OPEN as with others.
- Show quality polished. No off color paint or coatings to crack, peel, chip, discolor or seal in heat.
- Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP™ fuel system, 60lb injectors, billet fuel rails and new Cool Air Kit included.
- Lower parasitic loss and cooler air charge at the same cfm and boost – than competitions 2.9 3x5 rotors.
- Mammoth™ rear induction manifold accepts stock 90-115mm round throttle bodies for maximum air flow.
- New more efficient 4x6 rotor profiles. Others use 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 or less efficient twin screw 3x5 lobe rotors.
- Eliminates power robbing jackshaft, extra bearings, gears, pulleys, and small restictive front inlet manifold.
- Retro “External” 60’s style Cool Air Kit w/ filter behind front bumper (no underhood hot air filter to rob 30HP).
- Exposed top mount supercharger runs cooler. Not entombed in intake runners, intercooler and engine covers.
- Developed and test proven on “one of a kind” high HP supercharger dyno, engine chassis dyno and flow bench.
THE KENNE BELL CAMARO 2.8, 3.6, 4.2L MAMMOTH™ KITS
These kits push Camaro performance over the top. And they compliment the rich Camaro performance heritage with a fully exposed top mount - front facing retro style supercharger kit. We’re proud of our billet supercharger, so there are no supercharger “covers” or restrictive external runners that hide the supercharger. And no underhood exposed intercoolers, piping and “hot air” sucking filters to clutter up the engine bay. Just that clean, visible and intimidating Kenne Bell Billet Twin Screw MAMMOTH™ Kit.We incorporated all the industry leading Kenne Bell Twin Screw MAMMOTH™ technology into our new Camaro Kits. And we built in plenty of room to grow. This resulted in the most powerful, highest HP potential kits available for the Camaro - the same basic 2.8L kit design chosen by Shelby for their 725HP and new 800HP Super Snakes, Mr. Norm for his 650HP Cuda Challenger and the RPO 650, 825 and 1000HP Camaros, the three most powerful production musclecars ever. With a Kenne Bell Kit, your L53 engine will suck in ONY cool, dense, power enhancing air from the unique Kenne Bell inlet filter located behind the front bumper. Just like the bumper, cowl and hood scoops of the ‘60’s and ‘70’s. Cooler air means more O2, HP and boost with less engine detonation. And you won’t get sleepy or hungry waiting for the boost to spool up as the supercharger doesn’t rely on engine speed to increase boost as with centrifugals and turbos.
WHY KENNE BELL? Since 1990, Kenne Bell has been number 1 in PD (positive displacement) supercharging. And we’re still on top. Today, new Patent Pending Kenne Bell innovations leave the competition hot and gasping for air. In the end, it is the supercharger kit that makes the HP and not pet theories, rhetoric, hype and misleading tests. The Kenne Bell hi-tech 4x6 rotor lobe superchargers require up to 100 LESS engine HP to drive (less parasitic loss) with measurably cooler air charge, cooler oil temps - and unsurpassed HP potential for room to grow. Kenne Bell simply out powers the competition with all new technology - 1. Liquid Cooling (LC) 2. Advanced 4x6 rotor profiles 3. Seal Pressure Equalization (SPE) and 4. CNC ported inlet and discharge. And the higher the HP the greater the Kenne Bell difference. Check out our product features, dyno tests and tech and you will see why Kenne Bell is the “go to supercharger website.”
KENNE BELL TESTING PHILOSOPHY At Kenne Bell, our philosophy is simple. We don’t believe it unless we test it. For 42+ years, we have spent the time and resources necessary to supply our customers with honest, accurate, repeatable test results and tech info on our products. We don’t skew or camouflage our test data or advertising by relying on “hood open” testing or Nitrous, headers, cams, heads, strokers, built motors and other “not mentioned” modifications to enhance the performance of our supercharger kits. That’s misleading. Instead, we test the supercharger kits on STOCK engines and cars just like the ones 90% of our customers drive. The “Kit” HP and HP potential (room to grow) should stand on its own merit. And if we add “other products” or make modifications, we duly note it and/or publish the test results. We are not a “one test - so buy it” company. This way, Kenne Bell customers can see exactly how much HP - and where - our kits produce WITHOUT and WITH other bolt ons or modifications and then intelligently compare it to the competition. Isn’t that the way it should be? We think so. Our customers think so. So read the info and tech and give us a call if you have any questions or suggestions.
HP POTENTIAL Twin Screw superchargers MUST RELY ON LARGE FREE FLOWING INLET SYSTEM TO PRODUCE MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE. The 2.8, 3.6LC and 4.2LC Kits all use a huge air guzzling 4.5” filter, 4.5” MAF meter and 4.5”x4’ long Ram Air Pipe feeding the MAMMOTH™ inlet manifold (accepts up to 115mm throttle body). Compare that to the competition. Kenne Bell “0” restriction - short runner discharge manifold, intercooler and heat exchanger are designed to support 1000+HP on a 100% stock motor. Forged pistons and rods are necessary at some point but the kit components including the 2.8L will support it, so there’s no upgrading of basic components necessary with the 2.8, 3.6 or 4.2 kits. Just upgrade the stock 90mm throttle body to our 115mm. See Tech Tips for dyno tests. It fits the oversized Kenne Bell MAMMOTH™ inlet manifold and 4.5” inlet system.
Note: The ideal supercharger (2.8, 3.6 or 4.2) choice will depend on 1. engine and size 2. modifications 3. boost and 4. HP goals.
But rest assured, Kenne Bell 2.8, 3.6 and 4.2 superchargers are able to support 647-1400HP with the LOWEST power consumption/parasitic losses, the coolest air temps and highest cfm. And we can prove it. If 647HP, a gain of 174HP from the 2.8 on 91 octane pump gas isn’t enough, 94 octane is even more HP or step up to a 3.6 or 4.2 kit or higher octane fuel on the 2.8.
RETRO TOP MOUNT - REAR INLET Why hide a supercharger? We believe superchargers should be exposed (run cooler), right side up, pull air from the rear and face forward with the drive pulley on the front of the supercharger and not in the back. “Front entry” designs require the air make ONE right turn into the front inlet manifold. The KB air flow does ONE left turn into the inlet manifold so WHY the complexity and “backwards” look of the front inlet? A “front inlet” concept requires a power robbing jackshaft system with additional gears or pulleys, bearings, brackets, etc. Kenne Bell Ford, Dodge and GM kits can all pull 1200HP of air through the MAMMOTH™ Rear Inlet Systems. Can a front inlet really top this? And it will support 1200HP, wouldn't you think it would do exceptionally well at 500, 600 and 800HP?
A Kenne Bell “blow down” design means no hot intercooler or manifold runners to restrict air flow, heat soak and heat up the supercharger itself. Short runners with a “top mount” supercharger produce the most top end HP. Granted “long” runners increase torque at low rpm but who needs just a few more ft. lbs. of torque with a Twin Screw while sacrificing all that top end HP? Check out those big, flat, fat torque curves the Kenne Bell kits make. Does it get any better than this? Also, the Kenne Bell “blow down” kit eliminates the stock plastic intake manifold which was never designed for high boost or 50-300% more air flow. Oops. Finally, by mounting the supercharger on top of the engine instead of on the side frees up the “sides” for our big Ram Air Pipe and “external” filter (worth 30HP vs. air filter in the hot engine compartment). Ever wonder why everyone dyno tests with the hood OPEN? You don’t drive around that way, do you? Wake up. It’s tested OPEN to allow more cool air into the engine compartment. That is bogus HP.
AF (AIR FUEL) RATIO Your kit is factory tuned and calibrated at Kenne Bell at 11-11.5 AFR, the ideal ratio for street use. No expensive custom tuning is necessary. If you still choose to have your car “retuned” NEVER USE A DYNO THAT DOES NOT TUNE WITH AN OEM GRADE AFM1000, HORIBA or ETAS AFR SYSTEM. And there’s only 10HP between 11.5 and 12.5 (max power but requires higher octane fuel).
HOOD UP vs HOOD CLOSED DYNO TESTS Any Camaro should be dyno tested with the hood closed - like the car is driven. Kenne Bell dyno tests were with hood “closed.” “Open” hood testing eliminates the hot air ingested by underhood filters and overrates dyno HP numbers (1% power loss for every 10° above ambient up to 30HP). One would have to be living under a rock to not understand the benefits of cooler air.
HEADERS & CAT BACK The American Racing system (2" headers and 3" cat back) made the most HP on our test car. Hard to beat this one. Be sure you have an experienced and reputable tuner for the headers.
Our test car clutch began slipping at 650RWHP.
The Centerforce Dual Disc assembly is our recommendation.
It will hold 1000RWHP yet is easy on the leg (low pedal pressure).
FUEL SYSTEM The stock Camaro Fuel System, coupled to the Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP can supply a lot of fuel and HP. With stock fuel system and larger injectors, the 17.5V BOOST-A-PUMP is O.K. to 688RWHP (L53) and 614HP (L99). For higher HP, use the Competition BOOST-A-PUMP, which will support up to 750RWHP (L53) and 689RWHP (L99) with a safety margin. A dual pump system with BOOST-A-PUMP is recommended after 750RWHP.