Hey Folks, been pretty covered up by press/media activities lately. Here's the official press release and some media images. The full brochure is available for download at www.slpcamaro.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2010 Supercharged Camaro®, Coming Soon to a Chevy Dealer Near You
Toms River, NJ
- SLP announces its Limited Edition ZL® Series 550 Horsepower and 575 Horsepower Supercharged Camaros, based off Chevy’s all-new 2010 Camaro SS®.
Produced by SLP Performance Parts, Inc. and only available at Chevy dealerships throughout the U.S. and Canada, SLP’s Supercharged Camaro offers Supercar performance, handling and braking with the head-turning appeal that enthusiasts have been long awaiting.
Following in the footsteps of the 40,000+ Camaro SS specialty vehicles SLP built for GM and its dealers from 1996 to 2002 is a daunting challenge. At $22,995 (plus the base price of the Camaro SS), one test drive will convince skeptics that SLP’s Supercharged Camaro offers the best performance value of any high performance, limited edition, production car available today.
Based on the 2010 Camaro SS, only 250 sequentially numbered ZL550 automatic transmission and 250 ZL575 manual transmission cars will be built. Available in any factory color, the Supercharged Camaro’s performance and curb appeal are enhanced by a positive displacement supercharger (similar to the one GM includes with the new ZR-1 Corvette) and highlighted by SLP’s aggressively styled composite hood with functional scoop (design patent pending).
To compliment the Supercharged Camaro’s aggressive front-end appearance, the new body-color rear deck lid spoiler’s distinctive styling changes continue that theme. Helping to transfer the Supercharged Camaro’s power to the pavement are the factory supplied 20” Pirelli P Zero P240/40ZR20 tires with SLP’s light weight ZL Red Line 20” x 9” alloy wheels on the rear and factory 20” Pirelli P Zero P245/45ZR20 tires and SLP’s 20” x 8” alloy wheels on the front.
Throughout the Supercharged Camaro’s development process, our objective was to engineer the very highest quality performance, handling and braking improvements that would provide the performance enthusiast with a well balanced package.
Not only will our Supercharged Camaros outperform the competition, they’re built to ensure long-term satisfaction and are covered by SLP’s 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.
Considering the significant horsepower increase, we’re offering two Brembo brake upgrades:
• The first is Brembo’s Sport Disc Package which includes four new front and rear drilled discs. They provide improved pad bite and more efficient out-gassing of the brake pads, resulting in improved braking efficiency and reduced fade.
• The second option is Brembo’s GT Front Brake Package, which includes 6 piston mono bloc calipers with two-piece 15” front discs that provide increased thermal capacity, increased pad area and lower operating temperatures. With the addition of this option, SLP increases the PCM Top Speed Limiter from 155 mph to 190 mph.
Based on preliminary testing and depending on the driver, road surface conditions and outside air temperature, our Supercharged Camaro will generate sub-4 second 0-60 mph times and sub-12 second 1/4 mile times. Once the first media road test is completed, results will be posted on our website www.slpcamaro.com
Every ZL Supercharged Camaro begins life as a 2010 Camaro SS. When production begins in September of 2009, Supercharged ZL550 and ZL575 Camaros ordered in the U.S. and Canada will be shipped to SLP’s Toms River, NJ production facility. There, vehicles will be carefully assembled, dyno-tested and then shipped back to the ordering Chevy dealership.
Supercharged Camaro Standard Content Includes:
• SLP TVS 2300 High-Output Supercharger Assembly
• SLP PowerFlo® Axle-Back Exhaust System with 4” Dual Wall Tips
• SLP Blackwing® Cold Air Induction System
• SLP Modified Stock Engine Cover with 550 HP or 575 HP badging
• SLP Sport Suspension Package (Lowers Vehicle 1” Front and Rear)
• SLP RTM Hood with Functional Heat Extractor Scoop* & Fascia Closeout Panel (*Design Patent Pending)
• SLP Rear Spoiler Painted Body Color
• SLP 5-Spoke 20” Red Line Wheels with Machined Spoke Face & ZL® Center Caps
• Rear Tail Light Panel Painted Gloss Black
• Rear Quarter Panel Gill Inserts in Gloss Black
• Three OEM-Quality ZL550 or ZL575 Supercharged Fender and Rear Deck Lid Badges
• Premium Front Floor Mats Embroidered with ZL550 or ZL575 Supercharged Logo
• Embroidered Front Headrests with ZL550 or ZL575 Supercharged Logo
• Sequentially Numbered Dash Plaque (1) and Key Fobs (2) with ZL550 or ZL575 Supercharged Logo
• Leather (faux) Bound Portfolio, Owner’s Manual, Birth Certificate & Window Sticker
Optional Supercharged Camaro Content:
• SS® Badges (GM Official Licensed Product) for Grille and Rear Tail Light Panel
• Rally Style Dual Painted Stripes in Black, White or Silver (Gloss Finish)
• Heritage-Style Painted Hockey Stick Side Stripes in Black, White or Silver (Gloss Finish)
• Brembo Sport Disc Package Includes New Front and Rear Drilled Discs
• Brembo GT Front Brake Package Includes 6 Piston Calipers and Two-piece 15” Front Discs
(includes speed limiter increase to 190 mph)
For ordering information contact:
SLP’s Dealer & Customer Assistance Center at (810) 724-8703
or email email@example.com
ZL, PowerFlo, and Blackwing are registered trademarks of SLP Performance Parts, Inc.
Camaro, SS, and Chevy are registered trademarks of General Motors Corporation.
Dave @ Team SLP