View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 01:14 PM   #4
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
I was just getting ready to post up a new thread on this very subject. The Tuesday before last a local tire/repair shop installed my new G-Max AS-03's and gouged the paint and clear coat of my midnight silver painted rims on all 4 where they used a tool to help get the P-Zero's off. They didn't even mention it to me upon picking up the vehicle. I started cleaning the wheels as soon as I got home because I know they use a lubricant and probably got some hand prints on them. That's when I noticed the damage of which I could not tell if it got into the actual wheel material. They accepted full responsibility and even the tech stated what happened and blamed it on the stiff sidewalls of the P-Zeros.

This week on Monday the shop took all 4 off and sent them to a wheel refurbisher in Miami. The car stayed at the shop all week in an unused storage bay, per my request of not being left outside or stored near the work areas. So far so good!

I picked up the vehicle on Thursday and noticed before leaving that the rims were rough in several places and looks like paint had piled up in the corners before they clear coated them. I told the guy I was not happy (the owner whom I had been working with had left early that day). Upon having 2 local body shops look at them, one told me that those rims were difficult to refinish and the other stated that the rough areas were because the painter allowed the paint to dry before it hit the rim due to distance b/t the sprayer and rim, temperature, humidity, etc.

The owner looked at them on Friday when I asked my wife to take it by (I was working) and he said I was being "unreasonable" and then proceed to tell her that he believes some of the marks were there to begin with (WTF?). This guy was grasping for something because he was already out $500 on the refinish. I was planning on calling him on Monday since they are not open on weekends, but he called me this morning and said that he had been thinking. He is going to make it right and allow me to find new rims and he will pay for them to make it right!

I have purchased 4 sets of times from him (2 truck, 1 Impala, 1 Camaro) and had other repairs and service done there. So he knows I'm not a complainer just to be one as I've not had any issues with any of the other work they have done for me. That's why I called them in the first place to order the G-Max's and install them. During this process I've felt the bottom fall out of my stomach several times upon finding out about the damage the first time and the poor quality work when the wheels were returned. The wheels had no visible scratches to be seen before they went in so it's not like they had curb rash, were dull, or scratched all over. I'm just glad he is going to make it right.
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote