View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #2

matt55's Avatar
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 1,068
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Since you're probably the most well versed in this segment, If I want to take my convertible to the track for a casual event such as "wednesday night drags", what safeties measures do I need to take to be eligible to run down the track.

I know I need:

A helmet
to run water instead of coolant/antifreeze

but do I need:
Roll bar or Roll cage?
to run with top up, or can I run top down?

Anything else you want to add, feel free.

Were you watching "PINKS" last week LOL ?

Here in NC at the Fayetteville strip , I have never been checked for Antifreeze , not need a helment , not needed a roll cage , Did have to roll up window's (so i would guess your top would have be up) with a 11 sec street car .
10.8@130.8 610 whp, CAI, 2.5, E85, id850 on street tires.

Last edited by matt55; 08-20-2009 at 10:21 AM.
matt55 is offline   Reply With Quote