View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 01:09 PM   #4
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Good luck getting your speedo recalibrated. I had 3.91 gears installed at a dealer and they told me no problem recalibrating the speedo but in the end they couldn't do it. They claim that GM doesn't have the software to do the calibration. I called every dealer within 50 miles and several of them told me it would be no problem but I asked them to check before I dropped the car off. One by one they all called me back and said they couldn't do it. I went 2 years with the speedo showing 10MPH faster and mileage stacking up that I didn't actually drive.

I got lucky when I contacted the company that did my engine tune. They said they think they could do it by hooking up their laptop to the cars computer. I wasn't very confident that they would be able to do it but thankfully they did recalibrate the speedo to the 3.91 gears.

You better check with the dealer to be sure they can recalibrate to the 3.91 gear ratio. The dealer that did my gear change was SURE they could do the recalibration but they were wrong.

Good luck.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote