View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Roto-Fab CAI Install with Pics (5 Stars)

First of all, I want to take a minute to thank Mike at Roto-Fab for a few things.

1. For making what I think is the nicest CAI for the 2010 Camaro that I have seen.

2. For taking his time to respond to PMs and posts on the board and provide updates on his products.

3. This is the biggest thing to me when I'm in the garage at 9:30 on a Thursday and I have a problem. I sent Mike a PM and he doesn't write me back, he calls me to help me with my particular situation and to guide me through the resolution.

Yes, he is making money off all of our sales, but he could have just wrote me back tomorrow or told me to call him tomorrow. Customer service means a lot to me and alot of others. I'll definitely keep this in mind for recommending Roto-Fab to my friends and going back to them in the future for other product needs.

5 STARS Mike...............Thanks.

Now, I'm not gonna walk through the steps of the install, but Mike's directions are extremely clear and the install is almost intuitive if you just take your time and look at each step before you start throwing it on the car.

The only snag that I had was in getting the breather tube to release from the barbed fitting at the passenger valve cover. This is where Mike helped me out. On my particular car, I had to rotate the tube counter-clockwise 180 degrees to be able to see the small tab that has to be pushed to get the assembly to release from the barb. I took a close-up that you'll see when you scroll down. After talking to Mike, we think that they must not all be installed in the same position at the manufacturer. They only anticipate them having to be pushed on one time. Removal is someone else's problem.

As you can see, I opted for the black Air Box. I think this kit looks like it could have been a factory install.

And before anyone asks, no, I haven't even started the car after install. I want to take one more look at everything tomorrow just to make sure there are no loose connections, etc. I'll edit this tomorrow night after a test run.
Attached Images

#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote