View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
What Turbo's actually do that today on OEM setups? Huge pieces that get sat there and ran WOT for a while until you get a pretty light-show for the Camera...................

OEMs wouldn't put anything under the hood and warantee itfor 100,000 miles if they didn't work well. Fwiw, I'm a big fan of those remote-mounted guys, though.
go take a heat gun to a stock turbo'd car, compare it to the manifolds themselves, the turbos, and the exhaust leaving the turbo, then find the same motor N/A'd and check the heat on the manifolds and the exhaust farther down

and thats another thing with OEM turbos. they are small.

which allows them to be used for that amount of miles and not run into problems. just like motorcycle motors compared to a v-8. ever wonder why they can spin up to 14,000 rpms? cus they are smaller and have a lot less rotating mass. same applies to turbos, but i am aware that you know that. just puttin it out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
but besides all that...I like the Eaton blowers, too. Is that what you wanted to hear?
yes, yes it is.

btw... have i told you about the new power setup for Project Darkseid?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote