View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #11
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
I do mine for time purposes. The ZL1 rims are a PITA to clean due to all the lips and the 10 spokes. I would spend 10+ min per rim compared to 3-5 with the deep wheel cleaner.

The soap and water causes water spots on my wheels, so I don't use it. Also, I used to use soap and water and it smears the brake dust when I wipe it off. IMO soap and water makes the black wheels look horrible.
I've cleaned those wheels for a consistent customer before, I know your struggle lol. They do suck. As long as you're getting the results that you want, that's all that matters Although, I still stick to what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk_art View Post
Still smells awful. I bought one bottle, and couldn't wait till I was rid of it. I had to keep it double bagged and in the basement.

I went back to green wheel cleaner. I didn't notice a difference in performance between the two products, except GWC is much easier to use, and doesn't smell at all.
The difference is in what you don't see. It removes iron particles, whereas the green wheel cleaner doesn't.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote