View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #7
VASCAR2

Drives: 94 Camaro, 10 1LT IBM Camaro
I drove a 1999 Police B4C LS1 camaro for a year and put about 50,000 miles on it mostly at highway speeds. I test drove a 5th generation 2LT RS with 19" wheels a couple of weeks ago. It seemed to me the 5th generation had a more refined ride and seemed wider. I drive a 1994 camaro 3.4 5 speed Manual and I found the 1LT/RS was easier to get into but I hit my leg on the steering wheel trying to get out. Overall I was very impressed with the 5th generation camaro and can't wait for the delivery of mine. The B4C I drove was a phenomenal car and was the best year of my police career. The B4C was the best pursuit police car ever produced up to that time. I actually got to use the B4C for what it was designed to do. I'd come out of retirement to drive a 5th generation SS because I think it will be that good of car. I think comparing the 4th generation to 5th generation is like comparing apples to oranges or revolvers to semi autos. I really liked the handling of the 5th generation but its a different car from the 4th generation with some of the same genes. I could tell its a chevy as soon as I sat in one. After hearing the salesman start the V6 I knew I was hooked. I'm buying the 5th generation to replace my daily driver my 94 camaro. I'm getting the auto V-6 because I had 33 plus years of pursuit driving and I need to slow down. Besides on a retirement income the V-6 suits my needs more. After driving a camaro like I was able to at work was like being a fighter pilot flying an F-16 to me. The 5th generation is just a newer more refined car and by this web site appeal is getting a huge loyal fan club. Thanks a lot Camaro 5 forums, your a wealth of knowledge, keep up the good work.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 09-08-2009 at 10:45 PM.
VASCAR2 is offline   Reply With Quote