View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 01:33 PM   #30
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Indeed, anyone with cats knows that they will find the worst possible place to make into their "scratching post." I have cats (and dogs, and other critters) and responsibly keep our cats indoors. If we lived on a farm, I'd have outdoor ones but in the city they should not be wandering about. Animal control should be able to help, though. It's sad to take a cat from it's home, but in a residential area it is also cruel for them to be subject to the dangers that exist (mainly getting run over). We had a neighbor who wanted to kill a local stray (not feral) cat because he said it was scratching his boat cover. I had one of my boys coax it over for some petting, and then we put it in a small cage and asked animal control to take him. It was better than our neighbor, whom we now refer to as "The Cat Hater," who wanted to kill it. If the cat is friendly, befriend it and have him/her taken to the shelter. There are no-klll shelters. One of our cats, we adopted as an older adult cat and she has been a real good pet -- so people can and will adopt them older, not only just kittens. My dogs and my cats chase one another around and roll around wrestling - they get used to one another, LOL.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote