View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 08:39 AM   #50
Woodsman44

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 1LE
X25 - I was taking a look at my setup this morning since I received the same oil cooler you're using, last night. One big difference I'm seeing between the the big single vs. the dual setup (since they have the same total cooling capacity) is the airflow. The dual setup has air being forced to the entire surface area of each cooler at a high velocity. The big single cooler has a big dead spot behind the bumper bar and air isn't being funneled directly to the cooler. I wonder how much lower your temps would be if you funneled the air on all 4 corners of your oil cooler. There also might be a away to funnel some of the air to the dead spot with some aluminum sheeting about 2" above and below the bumper bar, the lower one angled up and the upper one angled down. It will take a little bit of the fresh air from the radiator but it'll still hit it at some point just a little warmer.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do but I need to decide quickly so I'm able to return what I have. Another thought is to go with a dual setup and put one above the bumper bar and one below with aluminum sheet forcing air to both. It'll take up most of the fresh air to the radiator. Or I can try what I just recommended with the big single but I can't return it once I've tried it. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Woodsman44; 08-20-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Woodsman44 is offline   Reply With Quote