View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 04:32 PM   #56
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcsi99 View Post
tadams72, I've got it mounted about a half inch from the AC condenser, as far as the front bumper cover, see the picture below, don't ask why the old cooler is back on the left, I'll break it all down when I write the thread if this all works.
X25, I've got my fingers, toes, eyes, and legs crossed.

Should be enough air flow, I hope.
While at it, you might want to get the heritage grill, too. Considering even the flow-tie is claimed to have an impact of a few degrees F in track temps (claimed by GM; don't remember the reference link), it might make a difference.

Under sunlight, you can't even see it!

Guys, please report us back with your running temps, oil pressures, etc. Every car that I've ever owned always hit at least 270 degrees, even my older '06 C6 Z06 with its large air-to-oil cooler and much better air flow. I'm starting to think the tracks here are just not good for cooling with their short straights, and I would love to get more data from you. If this dual cooler set-up works like OP's, it could make an excellent choice since it would also be easier/safer to install, and leave the side air flows to the brake ducting.

Besides these, I had to do extensive work (improving ducting for the radiators, removing thermostat, etc.) to get a hold of temps on my supercharged Miata, so there are always solutions : )

From my Miata build:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25
Wow, working on ducting is so much fun!

This is stock ducting. Notice the big hole on the left and the huge openings up front that connects this chamber with where the fog light reside. The end of it is also not completely sealed.

Front gaps blocked, and the end sides also properly closed.

No more huge gaps on the sides of anywhere else!
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote