View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #30
Iron Oak
Club Motorsports Track Op

Drives: STI, Land Rover and future 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
People do quite a bit of upgrades for cam, and they swear by them. Perhaps it's just my luck, but anyone I know who upgraded their cams and did track days also ended up grenading their engines. I've seen the same pattern (not grenading, but failing) with the accusump installations, too. Theoretically, the OEM cam is still a cam, and replacing it with something mild and very well thought-out cam should pose no issue with a good bit of power gains. In practice, though, I'd not trust anyone for this 'custom cam grinding' job : )

There's not much you can do with the heat soak, especially if you will hit 650 whp. Remember, supercharger also draws quite a bit of power, so perhaps you're generating as much as 750 whp (some part of which is eaten up by supercharger). With the well known low efficiency of internal combustion engines, that engine has to maker gobs of heat, and considering some part of this heat needs to be captured INSIDE the intake manifold, there is only so much you can do.
Well, I do really appreciate you and everyone else who has taken the time to respond to my numerous questions. I have a lot to think over. but luckily, a lot of time to do jus that before I pull the trigger.
Iron Oak is offline   Reply With Quote