View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 06:19 AM   #41
Quasimofo

Drives: 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Trust me I mean no disrespect I love the Z/28 I believe it's one hell of a buy if you are into the autocross. For myself and 99.9% of the other population it is not a good buy. I would buy one to add to the garage she would be my show car.

Meaning creature comforts not performance items or the brakes. Now that you brought up the brakes yes the majority of folks are not ready to have to invest in another $15k into brakes down the road. For the average person now familiar with the Z/28 it’s just another Camaro.

-HUD, ABL, My link, Home link, heated seats, ect… These are the things people have come accustomed to as creature comforts.
The brakes were the real sticking point for me on the Z/28. I've heard horror stories about the CC brakes on Porsches and how quickly the rotors themselves got worn out. So I read up on here, and asked around...

Pads for the Z/28 are expensive but not what I'd consider a dealbreaker. Rotors themselves are not cheap, but, if you can get approx 10 sets of pads worth of life out of each rotor as has been indicated... its not even an issue unless you live on the racetrack. My Z/28 will likely never see a racetrack, as such I don't expect to need to replace a single braking component before my 0.0% financing is up.
Quasimofo is offline   Reply With Quote