View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 02:39 PM   #17
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by harner View Post
I was a Linux Engineer years ago [emoji106] Not sure how that relates to knowing how files show modified dates. GM techs don't necessary log into the PCM and type "ls -t" and look for recently modified files lol. I'm sure if a lawsuit occured, it wouldn't take much effort to determine if something was modified. I'm just regurgitating what I read on these fine forums and spreading the wealth. Do a search for yourself.

Bottom line = mod your car and you'll most likely void the warranty.

I bought my car with exhaust work, CAI, etc. They even flashed the PCM because the PO had a tune. One of the first things I did to the car was a base tune, along with a modded intake and ported TB. World of difference.

Now with gears... you can buy 3.91s from GM and have them install it and it will not void your warranty. At least according to a local dealer here. The only downfall is dealer labor rates.

Good luck.
Yeah lol. I doubt the tech would connect it to a monitor and run unix commands, however who knows what the headquarters will do to verify timestamps and checksums. I'll just stick with the cai and gears for now. I should be happy with those. [emoji18]