View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #27
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach83 View Post
They would only move 500 on the asking price, refused to put the warranty in writing, and continued stating that things rarely go wrong with these cars, unless abused, so I should be fine. They also stated that obviously if something went wrong with headers, cats, or exhaust themselves, that wouldn't be covered. They said that the OEM sells upgraded exhaust etc so pushing more HP via other mods wouldn't void the warranty.

Bottom line is that JRE warns on their paperwork that w/o tune the original owner risked the CEL. Dealer said of course that tune wasn't required - but if I had it done after purchase it should still be ok warranty wise later on.

I sat on it this past week. Stopped by today and was told it sold last night via the internet. That's ok. I just can't stomach paying almost 36K for a 'certified' car that would be a struggle to get coverage on the drivetrain should something happen.

Also - they stated that they can look in the computer and see if it was a missed shift or even if it had a tune that was subsequently brought back to stock. How much non-volatile memory do these things have now related to that statement?
This is the one at Terryville Chevrolet right? I'm the guy from the Internet. I was going to install the Borla anyway so that didn't bother me. Might have gone with different brand of headers though. You've seen and driven the car- how much were you willing to pay?
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote