Old 09-04-2009, 06:35 AM   #4
Darin Morgan
Reher Morrison Racing

Drives: Inferno Orange SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeper View Post
I saw this story this morning on TV.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20721761/detail.html#

This is why you don't street race guys. Horrible things like this happen.
IDIOTS! Total freaking idiots! Street racing is NOT racing. This is what gives Racing a bad name. I have been in professional racing my entire life and I have NEVER street raced. Not once. I have personally seen three fatalities on the streets and know how fast things go wrong. Sand, gravel. dips, bumps or anything else that unloads the chassis will ruin your whole day, your car and probably your life. Most Accidents happen in the first month or two of taking possession of a high performance car. I see these parents giving there teens these cars for graduation gifts and I also see and have seen a lot of dead kids. I cant count how many times I see this happen over and over and over agian. If people want to buy these cars for there kids, they have a VERY big chance of loosing them. Teens do not possess the skills necessary to operate a car safely for at least the first two years of driving. Put them in a car like this and you have a very big chance of killing them!

If your an adult and want to be stupid, at least be smart about it. That may sound like an oxymoron but its not. Go to the race track or,,,,If you just cant wait to take your car through its paces ( like me) go out in the country and find a nice isolated black top or better yet a blocked off highway under construction, scope the place out, make sure you have enough shut down area and that the road is even, clean and has no bumps, dips, pot holes and trees/telephone poles to hit! Then have fun. At least your only endangering your self and not racing another person on a street with pedestrians, telephone poles and other obstacles.
2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM, 475rwhp 415ft/lbs Cam-232°/245° .612 .612 113LSA. Precision 3500 stall, New Era CAI. Reher Morrison Heads, Manifold and TB. Ferrea H-stems, dual springs, Ti-retainers. American Racing long tubes-Xpipe, High flow CATs, "S"type Borla's. 160F Thermo.
VVT ACTIVE! Thanks to New Era Performance!

Darin Morgan
-Induction R&D-EFI calibration
Reher-Morrison Racing Engines
http://www.rehermorrison.com/rmSale3.htm
Phone 817-467-7171
cell 682-559-0321

Last edited by Darin Morgan; 09-04-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Darin Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote