Thread: Mylink Install
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #489
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisprz2010camaross View Post
So if I buy the whole kit from Gen5diy does that include everything I need? And I'm also guessing that the nav mylink would also need additional stuff?
I have a 2011 2SSRS and added the MyLink back in October. I got the unit with Nav and the kit comes with harness and the brain and the touch screen comes from the manufacturer if I'm not mistaken. I've slept since the but Ofer sends the bulk of the kit and the face plate and touch screen comes separate. I also got the back up cam. Now I'm not tech savvy so I had a friend do my install and it's semi sorta p&p. You have to take out the console, get in behind the glove box to get to the OnStar box I believe. While having this done I also did my Alpine sub thump, Alpine amp as well as Affinity speaker upgrade and fader. It all came together nicely and to look and hear it, you'd think it came from factor. I did get the door unlock harness as well but didn't get the switch and it's something I can always do if I find a switch I want to use and decide on a location for it.
My buddy took my car home and got to work right away and worked until about midnight, so he probably put in 7hrs day one but had the unit in the car working before going to bed. He finished it up with the amp and speakers and all the next day and brought the car back to me by 4p on day two.

I credit Ofer for putting together such a nice package, very professional and the instructions were clear for my guy. I think there may have also been a DVD provided as well.