View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 08:38 PM   #11
angelbones

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS w/Ceramic Int, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
The new 8 speed auto with its quicker shifts is much better than the sluggish a6 it replaces. However, the new M6 with its active rev matching is pretty slick tech as well. I think it is a matter of your driving conditions. If you sit in traffic a lot then the auto will make life easier while still being fun. However, if you don't get stuck in a daily commute or you look forward to driving it on the weekends then the manual provides that extra level of engagement that most enthusiasts prefer.

They are both great but I still think most hard core enthusiasts will pick a manual if given a choice.
Good analysis Raptor. The old GM 6-speed auto was very meh. Having test driven the latest automatic I was impressed. You brought up an excellent point though. You said "hard core" enthusiast. I'm no track guy, but I love knowing I have the power available when I need it. In other words, I can't truly say I'm hard core. I'm appreciating the comments so far (and welcome more), and it seems that at a minimum, I wouldn't be unhappy with either one. I guess when looking or ordering I shouldn't rule out either transmission out of hand.
angelbones is offline   Reply With Quote