View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #67
O.F.

Drives: 2015 BLK/BLK 2SS/RS MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckem12 View Post
Just finished the SW headers this morning. It took a bit longer than I expected.... (whoever invented those O2 safety strips.....I hate you). Figuring out how to remove the O2 sensor connections, disconnecting/reconnecting the steering link and setting the dip tube were the hardest/most time consuming parts. The actual headers and cats were easy and took about an hour or so of actual work. I did the drop and install with a set of 67" race ramps and there was plenty of space for me to move around. I had an array of tools (hand and powered) but will definitely recommend an 11" ratcheting wrench (the open on one end/ratcheting on the other). It'll make a huge difference with the steering link.

Oh, actually, if you can cut the head off one of the factory manifold bolts and use that as guides it will definitely help in positioning the headers.
I just bought a set of ramps for Xmas and got the car up on them just yesterday. First thing that came to mind was how easy it would be to install headers. After reading the OP needing a full 2 feet, I wondered.
O.F. is offline   Reply With Quote