View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 10:01 AM   #2
Jfoster

Drives: 2016 GT vert.
Tonneu cover, both will fit, the newer version is better. ShopChevyParts.com part # 22931371. It says 2013, but its the same from 11'-15'. If you can find a used one, you want the one with the two elastic loops that wrap around a bolt head to keep it secure which that part # above has.

As far as leaking, some say its the water management bag that goes around the back of the interior. It funnels the water to the quarter panels right behind the doors and drains out the bottom. I sold my '11 several years ago, from memory, with the top down you can see into that quarter panel and see down in there. On my '11, my water bag was good. But, the seams in the quarter panel metal had come a part allowing water to get into the rear floorboard. How the dealer figured it out, I'm not sure, but at the time they told me they had several 11's do the same thing. From the work order, they took out the interior plastic quarter panel and re-sealed those seams with black calking. After that, I never had another issue till we traded it. I would try the water test of running water around that whole seam and then open the trunk for signs of leaking and if you know how to take those inner panels off and back seat out to find where its coming in. I know on mine it didn't have to rain that much and it would leak in through that quarter panel.

Also, if you notice any rubbing spots above the doors, again from memory, a couple of inches in, with the top half open you'll see a pointed plastic tab on both sides. The point on that tab will rub when its folded up on some and eventually will rub a hole through the top. You can take a file and smooth it down and it has a second set of screw holes for those tabs. I think I moved mine to the second set of holes and filed it down some to round it off and it fixed that.

The most common issue with the '11 was the rear bow (5th bow) bending that holds the back tight to the rear. If you notice a gap where the top meets the rear panel and the fabric looks loose, that's your culprit. Some have repaired it themselves, I had to go to five or six dealers to find one that knew how and they did it right the first time. Some have had horror stories from poorly trained techs/dealers.

Hope this helps, not trying to scare you, but just a heads up on the most common issues.

Last edited by Jfoster; 01-28-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote