View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #68
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
The wheels are definitely forged, but so are the base ZL1 wheels. So other than the cost for the extra width of the wheels and tires, and possibly higher cost model of tire, there shouldn't be a great price increase there I wouldn't think. Even though the MRC is really cool high tech stuff, my understanding is that the DSSV suspension is actually more expensive. It looks more expensive and adds a lot more adjustability. Still, it doesn't look like there would be a great price difference there, but I could be wrong. The biggest added expense would be the carbon fiber wing. The adjustable sway bar will add a little cost. The front splitter is probably slightly higher since it has end plates bolted on, but the other pieces should be about a wash really. The cost of the dive planes would be offset by the lack of the fog lights. The 1LE option should only be about 3 to 4k more, but I'd be very surprised if it isn't at least 2 or 3 times that.
We think a lot a like.

We know a lot of the testing runs hand in hand with other items. The data that is collected is can be and is used to develope other items. Not to mention it is all done on computer model long before it is bolted to a car.

Technology is such a benefit to r&d