View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 07:17 PM   #5
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by bindu View Post
Hi,

My Camaro just ran out of warranty 2 weeks ago and last week when i took it for oil change i asked them to check fog coming out of A/C which just started 2 days before i took for oil change. They found it has leaking heater core and are going to replace it. It's expense is about 1700$. But as it was just out of warranty so chevrolet has some program that covered most of it and i might have to pay 10-15% of it. But at that time they suggested buying extended warranty. They gave me quote for 100k miles and 6 additional years with 100$ deductible for 1873$. Name of company is "Premier Dealer Services" www.pdsadm.com

I have few questions:
1) Does anyone have experience with this company?
2) What other companies you have experience dealing with?
3) Are these things worth 2000$?
4) What other problems you guys have encountered with your cars mine is 2014 with 19k miles.

Also i am planning on adding MRT exhaust, Upgrading speakers, changing dashboard trim and door trim to match my car color (Yellow). What impact such things have on additional warranty.

Any suggestions are welcome to guide me in this process.
1) Nope
2) None because they're not worth it
3) Absolutely not
4) I've replaced a burnt spark plug wire that was touching a header tube

These cars are overall very reliable. The cost of extended warranties are based on algorithms of average cost to repair the type of car, cost to advertise the warranties, cost to sell the warranty, and profit (this part accounts for approximately 60% of the cost).

Extended warranties are quite the racket. Occasionally someone will get lucky and get their money out of the warranty however, it is so minimal that the companies selling the warranties make out like bandits. If everyone who bought a warranty ended up getting their money's worth out of their warranties then the warranty companies would out of business in no time.

Also, anything not factory and not on the car at the time the warranty is issued will likely not be covered under warranty. Besides, like I said earlier these cars are really reliable with rare exception and shouldn't cost you a lot of maintenance costs. Save the $2,000 and use it to repair the car eventually.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote