View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 06:10 PM   #786
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_MaherAMG View Post
To be honest, after re-reading my original post and comments I feel a little ashamed. I apologize for my comments towards you, and hope you will accept it, as they weren't fair. I try to be reasonable at all times, but I guess sometimes emotions can get the best of me and I don't think before I speak so to say. That doesn't excuse what I said or make it ok, but I do recognize mistakes when I make them. It was also nice to get a little insight as to your personal life, and as a health care professional I can conclude that you are a better person than I gave you credit for, and for that I apologize as well.

I can see why it wouldn't be a desirable car for you, and don't blame you for not liking it. I also agree that it could be considered just as much of a "one trick pony" as the Hellcat, as it certainly isn't breaking any drag racing records. To be 100% honest, when I bought my R, I have said to my father numerous times (who has a 15 Z51 Vette that I helped him spec), that his car has far more to offer in terms of comfort, build quality, interior materials, etc. and that for the amount I paid for my R it should have some aspects of the interior upgraded compared to the basic models.

In terms of the trash-talking and other facets, I have never been a party to that stuff. I've never been a Mustang fan really, have never considered buying one or owning one until this car. I wouldn't have been around when they poked fun at Hellcat ADM's, hell I wasn't aware that they also had to deal with that. From the outside it seems Ford is perfectly happy selling the inferior car in terms of performance, the only they care about is money really. They sell a slightly lower performing car for a little cheaper, and from the sales figures it looks like the lower price probably makes the difference. Those of us on the forums are the enthusiasts, but there are tons of buyers out there for almost all cars who just want to get something to be seen in, or just to cruise around in who don't care at all about just how capable even the 5.0 and SS are nowadays.

I've always been an enthusiast, and love cars with a passion. If I had enough money I would be like clone of Jay Leno... LOL I know some of the guys are giving that one fella a hard time, but I don't mind his posts as I've mentioned numerous times. If someone can debate and discuss different cars without getting too heated, I don't mind that one bit as it makes things interesting!

Cheers!
Glad to hear you two have settled your differences, both of you are very passionate and should be proud of that. The thing that separates you both from the average joe is you can recognize when you have let that passion get the best of you. My thoughts are both cars are awesome in their own right, I would be proud to own either