View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #34
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
I guess I am just in a wierd spot where I can't see gm doing a 310 hp v8 for 28-29k and then turn around and offer the 450 (140hp more) for like 3-4k(guestimate)..

And for me at 33k+ I will just stick my money in one of three spots 1) a used corvette (lets face it enthusiasts we all are... at 33k + we are getting into used vett territory) 2) some other car (mustink, 350znore, g35) or 3)just keep my truck..

I understand costs and that just may push me out but I refuse to pay over $31999.99 because again thats vett territory. Personly I believe gm can offer the ls3 for under that, the question is will they

Guess I get to cross my fingers and see when things are announced officially..

I completely understand where you are coming from. I mean, you can buy a NEW vette right now for under $40,000. Used C6s can be had in the mid 30's if you look for them.

I orginally said that my upper limit is $32k, and I am pretty firm on that. I simply can not justify spending more than that. If it comes in in the $35-38k range for an LS3 then I will either wait to see if i can find a slightly used 5th gen within a few years of its release, or I will be looking for a used GTO. Hell, you can get a used GTO in VERY good condition with low miles right now in the low $20's.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote