View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 06:23 PM   #14
Unsterblich

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS convertible
It's plastidip paint with KP Pigments. Since it's a convertible, I didn't need as much paint as a regular car would need. I used 2.5 gallons of matte black as my base coat. Then I used two gallons of dip pearl with 75 grams of pigment per gallon. All the paint and pigment came to around $425 total. The colorshift pigment is $29 for 25 gram bags. The black paint is $55 a gallon and the dip pearl was $65 a gallon. It's definitely not cheap. But if you have the equipment to do the job (which I had already purchased the DYC sprayer for a previous, smaller job), it's much cheaper than taking it somewhere to be done. Before I decided to do this myself, I called some various body shops to see if they could do it. There were only 2 shops in my area (both were around an hour away from me) that were liscensed "dippers" or "liquid wraps" pros. I found several backyard people on Craigslist claiming to be pros at it,.......but I didn't feel too comfortable with any of them for some obvious reasons. Lol. Out of the two liscensed places, the cheaper one was still going to cost $975!
Unsterblich is offline   Reply With Quote