View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 06:36 AM   #25
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
i wasnt trying to start a debate. i believe what i believe based on my own experience. i do all my own work and i track a lot.
i had a small spoiler on and i thought it helped. i made a bigger spoiler and i was pretty sure it helped. i pulled the big spoiler, put in the wing and added an undertray. the difference was immediate. the car was not only 3 seconds a lap faster, it picked up 4 MPH on the front straight. this is at my home track where i literally have thousands of laps and run very consistent times.
a real foil (wing) shape makes lift or downforce, depending on how its mounted, because of its shape. its what the wright brothers figured out back in the day. the air makes a longer trip around one side of the foil than it does the other. this creates the lift without adding a lot of drag. thats the way its supposed to work.
a big spoiler will add downforce and it will help the car over the couple of MPH it cost on the straights.
this is my opinion. i dont work on rockets, i just drive cars on race tracks every day.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote