View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
Chris@glimmerglass

Drives: 2001 S10, 2002 M3
Send a message via AIM to Chris@glimmerglass
Thanks guys!

MRK: The Poorboys Bold n Bright is tied for my favorite tire dressing. I either use that or Optimum's Opti-Bond Tire Gel. They are my go-to tire products. I apply the bold n bright w/ a microfiber applicator as this product can do some real mild cleaning as its applied, however, w/ OptiBond Tire Gel, I prefer to use one of the white tire dressing and wax applicators that we carry.
(fwiw, this customer wants a very, very dry look on his IS tires, so you'll see that I'll probably use either Optimum Tire Shine or 303 Aerospace on his IS250 detail and not one of the 2 mentioned above)

As for OptiSeal; I actually used it on this detail here The biggest benefit to Optiseal imo is the amount of time it saves. Sure, it looks really great and protects very well, but you can do a full car in about 15 minutes since it doesnt leave any residue to remove and thats its best feature imo. An application note too. OptiSeal should be applied in thin layers. It will, as designed, dry clear w/ nothing left behind. However, after you're done and you find there is some residual product left on the surface, that only means that it was applied to heavily in that area. A simple swipe of a microfiber towel will clean that right up.
Let me know if you have any questions in specific to Optiseal or one of the other products.