View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #11
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter
Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
For that many track days a year I'd expect you to "outgrow" 9" wide front wheels and appropriate tire sizes for that width. I'd look to at least 10" (all around) or maybe the 10"/11" widths like the ZL1 and 1LE both use (except theirs being in 20"). And there's always the Z/28 wheel widths . . .

The MPSS is one of the best choices you could make if you're not going to use a tire trailer and there's any chance your track day is going to be wet. The new PS4S is supposed to be even better. Hint - a few hundred to a thousand or so street miles of gradually increasing intensity seems to prevent 'chunking' at the track. I've got a dozen track days on mine, along with close to 5 thousand street miles. Except for the outer shoulders, they're only about 50% worn. 285/35's on 11" wide wheels.

I don't know if you've seen this before, but I didn't find it a tense drive at all. Just wet and somewhat off the dry pace.

'08 GT coupe 5M, wheels, tires, pads, fluid, a few suspension mods . . . still almost at stock height
'10 LGT 6M (hers) and an '01 Maxima 5M (spare)

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 10-20-2017 at 07:30 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote