View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #97
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
Hey friend. Im just going by what you and your constituents are claiming. "Its a street legal race car that you can drive to the track"

Well yes it is. Hope its a short drive and nice and cool outside. Saving 300lbs is worth it but its not like they shaved enough off to make the car a non pig. Ill wager that the car still comes in at almost 4000 lbs with full tank.

I know Im not the end all to be all, but I think they should of built it full spec, found other places to save the weight, and skipped out on the Carbon Ceramics to save cost. Bring it in at around the cost of a ZL1 and made more enough of them for the masses.

Then if I want to race it, I can choose to remove the carpet, the speakers, the radio etc if I wanted to.

Id buy the crap out of a 500 hp Z/28 that managed to lose 300 lbs without carbon ceramics, priced around a ZL1 that I could still tour around in. Now we are talking.

You skipped my question so I will ask again.... Can you show me where the SCCA has stated that the Z/28 will not be allowed to run in any class?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote