View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
anotherreject

Drives: no camaro
questions for those who daily drive your 5th gen

Im looking at getting a new ss 5th gen. I would be daily driving the car, about 80 miles a day.

How are these cars holding up with high miles?

I would be getting a ss, which transmission is holding up best to high miles? I dont care if i have auto or manual.

Does the 6.2 require premium gas?

Is anybody out of warranty and needed major repairs?

I live in a area that sees snow, obviously i wont be driving the camaro in anykind of accumulated snow but it might see some early and late season flurries, what all season tires have people had experience with?

Still on winter weather, i live where roads are treated with a ridiculous amount of road salt and ice chemicals, has anybody applied any corrosion or rust treatment to the frame and under carriage?

My last gm was a pontiac g6 with a sunroof, the sunroof leaked like a sumbish, every rain storm i had a lake on the passenger floor, do the camaro sunroofs leak?

My car will remain stock except for a catback or axel back exhaust so im not worried about any mods.

Has anybody here had a v6 then upgraded to a ss? How much did your car insurance jump? I am a 29 year old male with zero accidents and zero tickets for comparison.

Thanks for your answers, hopefully soon ill be sharing pics of my new car.
anotherreject is offline   Reply With Quote