View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #16
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96CAMaro View Post
The base V8 is going to be an absolute monster "IF" the V6 is nearly as fast as my '96 LT1.
I agree with you completely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhed View Post
I think that will be true of a "high feature V-8" but probably not the base V-8? They are out to beat the mustang, challenger, and charger out of the gate correct? So, theoretically, they would want the base V-8 to be able to outperform these guys while still being the affordable camaro we knew in the past. The high end V-8 which may be SS, whatever they decide to call it can be the top dog gunning for the Mustang GT500, etc.
The LT1 was/is an amazing engine...and the LS1 is amazing, too (each having their strengths and weaknesses). You can't even begin to deny that. In fact, they were/are very powerful engines. So I would say that if the V6 does in fact give 4th Gen LT1s a run for their money...then the base V8 will definitely be quite the monster. Also, the Challenger and Charger aren't the Camaro's direct competitors. The Mustang definitely is...and I believe that the V6 Camaro might scare current Mustang GTs...

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote