View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #13
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Excellent work. Very professionally done and must be quite satisfying. I'm an electronic engineer and know how much work this must have been.

I'm curious what the cost of development has been? I would love one of these but $350 is a bit much for me although I don't want to de-value what it's taken for you to get this far.

Have you considered somewhat of a DIY kit which could be sold for less? I would imagine there are a fair number of us who would like to do some of the soldering/assembly ourselves. In school we had to assemble a multimeter kit and it was fun. If the circuit boards can be bought in a batch order perhaps the cost per piece would be less and then all we need are basic instructions.

If you get a lot of people to buy the DIY kit for less cash it would be similar to a few people buying the completed kit at a higher price but will save you the time and legality as well.

I would say I'd personally be willing to pay up to $200 for something like this. But that's just me.

J
I've also thought about a DIY kit. (Although, even with a a fully assembled board, there is still a good bit of DIY required to install the thing.) Sadly, at low to medium quantities, $200 is about the cost of materials alone.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote